Class of 2011
ShipleySystems Tech Support
Can't Stay Connected to The
- When Trying to connect or if you are getting
Disconnected Regularly. Pick
up the Phone and Call some one, Listen for Noise such as Static, Hums, Rings,
Crackles. If you hear this noise, the Computer can hear it to and it
will either disconnect or fail to connect.
- Microsoft Outlook Hanging up Every time you Send
Mail or Check Your Mail. Run Outlook and Click on the Tools Pull
down at the Top, then Click on Options. If there is a check mark on the
Hang up after sending and Receiving, Remove it. This Switch on
along with telling Outlook to check your mail every few minutes will be very
- You May Have Answered the question Do You Want to
Use Auto Disconnect. If so the Computer will disconnect any time you
Close Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- You may Have the Idle Time Disconnect in the Dial Up
Networking Set To Small, Set at 25 to 30 Minutes, or don't set it at all,
we will disconnect you when idle time is between 25 and 30 minutes.
- You May Have Call Waiting or Some other Custom
Calling Package. Solution: Verify that the
phone has call waiting. If so, disable call waiting and try calling again.
The Server May Have disconnected you because of
inactivity. We typically will disconnect
your account after 25 Minutes if inactivity, or after about 4 Hours of
constant connection, Solution: Try calling again.
- Someone picked up the phone. Picking up the phone automatically
disconnects you. Solution: Try calling
- Your modem cable is disconnected or Defective.
Solution: Verify that the modem cable is connected
- Your modem software needs to be updated.
Solution: Check with your modem manufacturer for modem software
- We Log Every Connect and Disconnect, and and the
Reason for Disconnect or if there is an Error. Please Call and we can
check the Log.
If you are still having
problems, Please call our support staff with a description of the problem.